Hand Sprayers – Handy Hints
Spring is upon us and to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Silvan Hand Sprayer, here are some handy hints to consider.
- Use clean fresh water when mixing chemicals. Silt, sand or other contaminants will increase pump wear and can reduce the effectiveness of some chemicals.
- Check the sprayer is correctly set up and operating as expected using fresh water, prior to mixing any chemicals.
- Check the chemical manufacturer’s label for the correct mixing ratio, application rate and any safety requirements.
- Fill the tank almost to the top before adding chemicals, then top up with water, to reduce foaming when mixing.
- Spray equipment should be drained, cleaned and thoroughly flushed after each use.
- If detergent or other cleaning products are used to clean the sprayer, they must be thoroughly flushed out with fresh water afterwards.
- Always wear applicable protective clothing.